Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Hubby Appreciation Week

In honor of Hubby's bday, it is Hubby Appreciation Week!
These are just a few of the things that I appreciate - not in any order:

1. He doesn't get mad when I wake him up with my super-high-pitched-could-wake-the-neighbors alarm clock every morning at 4:45 to write. In fact, for the first few years of our being together, he always turned over and said 'you're amazing.' And now, he just sleeps through it and if I HAVE to wake him up because my computer is surrounded by spider crickets, he doesn't get mad.
2. He never gets in one of those moods where he's just really pissy. You know those kinds? I've witnessed it many times with other couples like so: girl: 'How was your day? Were you able to deposit that check?' boy: 'No' (with a snarl) girl: 'I thought you said you were going to do that.' boy: 'Get off my back.' girl: 'Fine.' boy: 'Oh. Ok. I see how it is.' (night is ruined...well atleast for 10 minutes or so). Anyway hubby never does that. He has food fits, but they are easily quelled with anything containing calories, or Cherry Garcia ice cream.
3. He always takes out the trash.
4. He is not afraid of dog vomit.
5. He surprises me with itty-bitty-book-lights.
6. He is as close to his family as I am to mine.
7. All you have to do is tell him the dog smells, or say you found a hair on his back, and you have his attention. This can be used for both good and evil. I am not an evil person, luck for him. I can not say the same thing for his big sister, who says 'Um, your dog stinks,' everytime we show up on her doorstep. It is quite enjoyable.
8. He likes the clothes my mom buys him.
9. He knows what an edgy YA is.
10. He is the only person I have ever known that will leave ANY party (I'm talking, bridal shower, company BBQ, wedding in Germany, random engagement parties where we know nobody but ourselves) with a new friend and phone number. AND they hang out. It's not just one of those 'I'll call you' things. It's the real deal. He left my best friend from high school's wedding with the phone number of some guy that I went to high school with, that didn't even ask for MY number.
11. And this just about sums it up: After racing against this one team for 24hrs straight, Hubby's team finally won. It was a fight the entire night though - stress - pressure - constantly looking over your shoulder - kind of fight. And when it was all finished, Hubby was like, 'That was fun, I'm going to ask them if they want to camp together next year.'

Feel free to add little sister.
Erin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home