Friday, October 20, 2006

Long drive

I'm going to a conference today. Yay.

Driving entertainment by way of audio books:

1. Goose Girl by Shannon Hale (almost finished this already, darn)
2. Lizzy Bright and the Buckminster Boy by Gary Schmidt
3. Whales on Stilts by M.T. Anderson (who I love)

On another note, they just announced flu shots are being administered in our library. Hmmm. I think I will opt out because I'd prefer to avoid a needle. But then again maybe I should get it because I have never worked in a hospital before during flu season. Hmmm. And then there was that incident on the way to the Poconos Mountain SCBWI retreat last year where I spontaneously pulled the car over and leapt out to vomit, much to the surprise of my passenger, and myself. When I told my horrors at work on Monday they were like, that's what happens when you work in a hospital. What? Shouldn't they tell you about that on your interview or something? Like 'we offer wonderful benefits including ten days of vacation and four sick days for the spontaneous vomiting that you will experience from working here. Any questions?'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home